Hi, I’m Lisa!
I’m a spirited marketer and lively PR gal by day, and a mental-health blogger, homebody by night.
A few tidbits about me:
- I have the most wonderful, supportive family and friends. Recently married, my husband and our goldendoodle pup, Charlie, are my world.
- While born and raised in Florida, my soul loves the desert. Holla, Arizona!
- I am a sports fanatic – college football, specifically. Go Gators!
- I love food. Like, really love it. I do my best to eat healthy, balanced meals, but will never say no to a good chocolate chip cookie.
- I actually enjoy exercise.
- I live to create and develop meaningful relationships with others.
- I love traveling, meeting new people, and going on adventures, but I also thrive from routine … most likely due to the fact that I was diagnosed with Generalized Anxiety Disorder and Panic Disorder at the age of 19.
Since then, I’ve tried going to therapy, Googling treatments like crazy, taking prescription medications, going on too many diets, over-exercising, attempting to meditate … Basically, I’ve tried everything I could think of to kick my anxiety and panic attacks to the curb.
Now, in my late 20s, I can proudly say that while my anxiety will always be a part of who I am, I’ve found peace.
I created adventures & anxiety as an outlet for my good and my bad days, and to hopefully be a resource for others living with the anxiety bug.
Please note: I am not a mental health professional. Everything I share comes from my personal experiences.